MGM Series 217 Excess Flow Check Valves are designed for use where flanged connections are required. They are made completely of carbon and stainless steel and are machined from bar stock, not castings, for added durability.
The MGM Model 217 Excess Flow Check Valves are single flanged, wafer style valves designed to fit inside Schedule 160 tank nozzles or pipe. The valve flange will fit inside the bolt pattern of 150# or 300# flanges. Standard gaskets should be used on both sides of the valve. Model 217 MGM Excess Flow Check Valves can be mounted in any orientation with negligible effect on flow rate. Each valve will have the proper flow direction indicated by an arrow stenciled on the flange.
As with all MGM excess flow check valves, the series 217 is equipped with an orifice in the check mechanism to allow for pressure equalization and will reopen automatically after repairs are made.
- Body - Carbon Steel (Low Temp.)
- Poppet - Stainless Steel
- Guide - Carbon Steel
- Spring - Stainless Steel
- Sleeve and Keepers - Stainless Steel
- Designed to slip inside Schedule 160 or less steel pipe.
- Fits inside the bolts of 150 & 300 pound American Standard steel pipe flanges. Valves may also be furnished for ring type joints.
- Generous flow channels provide low pressure drops.
- Heavy duty all steel construction will withstand temperatures from -50 to over 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Internal pressures depends on temperature; call MGM for temperature ranges.
- Complete 304 or 316 stainless steel construction available for use in corrosive environments.
- CRN # OC13500.5C
- Other valve sizes may be available. Contact Hemco for alternate sizes.
Sizes and Dimensions
All Size Values are in Inches.