MGM Series 189 Excess Flow Check Valves are designed for use where flanged connections are required. They are made completely of carbon and/or stainless steel not castings for added durability.
The Model 189 MGM Excess Flow Check Valves are double flanged and are equipped with either 150# or 300# raised face, forged flanges. Standard gaskets should be used on each end. Model 189 MGM Excess Flow Check Valves can be installed in any orientation with negligible effect on flow rate. Each valve has the proper flow direction indicated by an arrow stamped into the body.
As with all MGM excess flow check valves, the Series 189 is equipped with an orifice in the check mechanism to allow for pressure equalization and will reopen automatically after repairs are made.
- Body Flange - A350LF2 Carbon Steel
- Body Tube - A333 Carbon Steel
- Poppet - Stainless Steel
- Guide - Carbon Steel
- Nut - Stainless Steel
- Spring - Stainless Steel
- Designed to fit between 150 or 300 pound American Standard steel pipe flanges. Ring Groove flanges can be furnished if required.
- A350 LF2 forged carbon steel flanges
- Generous flow channels provide low pressure drops.
- Heavy duty all steel construction will withstand extremely rough conditions.
- Complete 304 or 316 stainless steel construction is available for use in corrosive or extreme environments.
- UNDERWRITERS LABORATORIES INC. listed for propane, butane, and anhydrous ammonia.
- CRN # OC13500.5C
- Other valve sizes may be available. Contact Hemco for alternate sizes.
Sizes & Dimensions
All Size Values are in Inches.