MGM Series 166 Excess Flow Check Valves are designed for use where flanged connections are required. They are made completely of carbon steel and/or stainless steel not castings, for added durability.
The Model 166 MGM Excess Flow Check Valves are single flanged, wafer style valves designed to fit inside Schedule 80 pipe. The valve flange will fit inside the bolt pattern of 150# or 300# flanges. Standard gaskets should be used on both sides of the valve.
Model 166 MGM Excess Flow Check Valves can be mounted in any orientation with negligible effect on flow rate. Each valve will have the proper flow direction indicated by an arrow stenciled on the flange. As with all MGM excess flow check valves, the series 166 is equipped with an orifice in the check mechanism to allow for pressure equalization and will reopen automatically after repairs are made.
- Body - Carbon Steel (Low Temp)
- Poppet - Stainless Steel
- Guide - Carbon Steel
- Nut - Stainless Steel
- Spring - Stainless Steel
- Cotter Pin - Stainless Steel
- Designed to slip inside Schedule 80 or less steel pipe.
- Fits inside the bolts of 150 & 300 pound American Standard steel pipe flanges.
- Valves may also be furnished for ring type joints.
- Generous flow channels provide low pressure drops.
- Heavy duty all steel construction will withstand temperatures from -50 to over 300 degrees Fahrenheit and internal pressures up to 1000 psig.
- Complete 304 or 316 stainless steel construction available for use in corrosive environments.
- UNDERWRITERS LABORATORIES INC. listed for propane, butane, and anhydrous ammonia.
- CRN # OC13500.5C
- Other valve sizes may be available. Contact MGM for alternate sizes.
Sizes and Dimensions
All Size Values are in Inches.